2013/11/21

Glitter Bomb

A few weeks ago while I was at the craft store I let each girl pick an item out of the fall clearance.  Emmeline picked a little pumpkin and Isa picked some blank gourds that could be decorated however you choose.  Guess what she chose?  Yep, glitter. This isn't a pin by the way.  Just some independent craftiness.

First paint on some glue



Then sprinkle away! Over a plate of course.




Here they are drying.  I had her give me the plate after each one so I could return the fallen glitter to the container.  It surprisingly didn't use much.


A finished bowl of glitter 


Price: Glue was .25 during back to school sales.  I really stock up at this time and rarely have to buy full price glue all year. Glitter $2.99 with 40% off coupon at Hobby Lobby.  Gourds $2.49 on clearance. Total $5.73  but worth if for a craft Isa could do all by herself!

No comments: