2011/12/14

"Oh, That's What You Look Like"

At Emmeline's last Ophthamologist visit he told us she would need glasses in the next year. He thought she would be fine until she went into school and told us to call him if she wouldn't stay back from the TV. In only a couple of months she was as close as she could get to the TV without sitting on the entertainment center (which she has tried). So the girls and I went in to get her glasses. I should have know this would be super hard and waited until Josh could go with me. I tried SO many pairs on her and still couldn't make up my mind. Emmeline is a very hard fit for glasses to it really narrowed down out choices. she has a short stubby nose with a shallow bridge, low set ears and VERY long eyelashes. It is the perfect storm for glasses not fitting. Her doctor is 45 minutes away so I had them write down the 2 i was trying to choose between and then went to Walmart and Target to check out their choices. Target's were cute but WAY more then I was going to spend on a first pair of glasses that would probably be broken in a month. Walmart had cheap selections but pretty much only one pair in her size. We got it as her extra pair. She really liked trying on all the different kinds but was less then happy that we didn't leave with any. Her irritation only grew when they go them in but had to keep taking them on and off her face to adjust for fit. In then end her spare pare came in first.

Spares. It's hard to tell here but they are light metallic pink.



Her official pair. These stay on really well since they have hooks that go all the way round her ear. Plus the office we got them from was pediatric so they were able to fit her better then Walmart. This was as cooperative as she was willing to be. I was lucky I guess.

Who knows, maybe they will get in some flashier ones that fit her by the time she breaks these.



1 comment:

Terra said...

I think years ago I got the same kind of glasses as her back up. :)

She looks super cute!