2004/08/10

...He also made me fast.

For those of you who don't know, and most of you probably don't, the title is a line from Chariots of Fire( my all time favorite movie which everyone should see and own, I have it on VHS and DVD). I went to Boone orthopedic today to see about my knees. The good news is that he said I could start running again and that I don't need surgery (for now). The bad news is that he couldn't really tell exactly what the problem was since I wasn't in pain at the time and that I can only run 9 miles a week to start!:(

I went running this evening with my dad and it was soooooooo fun. I really missed it. Isabella on the other hand had not. She was pretty whinny but I didn't care, it felt so good to run again. I had run twice in the past three weeks and only for about 3/4 of a mile. It is amazing how much energy it can give me. I have been ready to crash after 5:30pm for the last three weeks. Hopefully everything will go well and I wont need surgery.

The doctor thought it might be several things. First was that due to my high arches I need a more padded shoe. Second was that since my right quads are smaller than my left quads it was making my right leg work harder thus hurting it, or just plain old, my body wasn't ready. Either way it should be fixable. YAY!!!!!

No comments: