My Weekend "Break"

so allergy season is in full swing here in denton. lucky for me i don't seem to have them. this year. sadly for isa, em and josh they all have a terrible case. even on her zyrtek em was super congested. isa was too but for her it isn't a huge deal. i can just give her nose spray and she can handle it. em is a different story. when she get super congested she can't clear it out. she doesn't cough well and if she does, she pukes about half the time. this problem leads to other more severe ones.

two not feeling so good girls cuddling.

on saturday she woke up burning up. when i took her temporal temp it said 100 so i gave her Motrin and went back to bed. i am kicking myself now and should have trusted my instincts. later that day i decided to check her temp rectally. poor thing. she didn't feel very hot to me but i took it anyway. 104.6. i can only imagine what her temp was during the night.

since this isn't my first rodeo i packed several days worth of feeding supplies, clothes and things to keep em busy. she isn't very easy to keep in the hospital. she wasn't to be up and playing but she can't get on the floor there. YUCKY. so within a few minutes i was off to the ER. we got checked in quickly. they saw us quickly and ordered and completed the test quickly. then everything stopped. several major cases came in and there were police involved. i tried to stay out of the way yet still make sure they knew we were still there.

em got REALLY bored.

5 hours later they came back to tell my she had pneumonia. really?!? i had no idea! they had already put an IV in since we were pretty sure she would have to be admitted and we needed blood anyway. i was fully prepared to beg for us to go home, have me flush the IV and come back the next day for her next dose of antibiotics. luckily i didn't have to grovel because the dr on call for my pediatrician thought her vitals were good enough to get a dose int eh ER and then a z-pack and home. the ER doc said if i was more comfortable with staying though... i didn't let him finish. i tel him know i would very much like to go home.

another hour later they finally came to discharge us. when the nurse started chatting with me about em's syndrome and such i wanted to scream "I HAVE BEEN HERE FOR 6 HOURS WITH A 18 MONTH OLD. I WANT TO GO HOME!!!!" she was really curious about em's hearing loss though because her son also has some hearing loss so i couldn't yell at her. so after a little bit longer i finally got out of there.

em seems to be doing well. the only thing that has me worried is the fact that the spot on her lung is the same spot that was there a month ago. she was on antibiotics then so i am wondering why it wont be gong away. maybe some scaring. we'll see what her pediatrician says next week. she is tolerating her breathing treatments well. we scored a pedantic breathing mask from the ER. pediatric anything is really hard to get your hands on.

i am sooooooo glad we didn't have to stay in the hospital over night. it just feels gross.

on a cute side note. em has decided her new all time favorite movie is Enchanted. i though it was a bit weird since it is mostly. real people through the movie and not much animation but either way, she loves it. she will only hold still for her breathing treatments if we watch it. she even fussed at me for talking to josh through her favorite musical number. silly girl. me i mean.


Brittany H. said...

Cute pigtails! I'm glad you guys got to go home so soon (relatively speaking). Also, my kids have totally gone through movie obsessions and just when I think I have the entire thing memorized, I actually sit down to watch it and realize there are parts I've never noticed before! And I'm with Em: I hate it when people talk during movies! ;)

Mary Ann said...

My parents spent hours and hours in the ER Friday night. Fender bender, and the dr.s ordered an MRI and CT scan. They waited for 8 hours while more serious cases came and went. So yeah, it really stinks to be there if you're not bleeding to death RIGHT NOW.

Megan said...

i always tell people that if its after 5pm or a weekend and they wont die if they wait, to just stay home until the next business day. nothing happens otherwise. the hospital will just make sure you don't die until the person they need comes to work.

Laura said...

Poor thing! She looks so cute though. I love the pigtails. Isa is getting taller, you can tell because she's thinning out and looking so old...agh! NO GROWING UP!