2003/11/11

Josh and I missed our date last week. We decided to try and make up for it by going out to eat at Macados. After we found a babysitter we were off. We arrived at Macados at about 7:00 pm and there was a line. This doesn't happen very often so they don't really have a system when the restaurant is full. Well, anyway, there was a party of six in front of us and after they told us there restaurant was full we stepped back to make room for people were would get seated before us and so it wouldn't been so crowded. About five minutes later a young college age couple comes in and walks right past the people waiting and gets in the front of the line. Josh looked at me and said "I would feel a lot better if they were at the back of the line" I agreed and about that time more people came in and we had to move up so they could get in the door. After a few more minutes the hostess comes up and asks me if I was waiting for a tow top and said she would seat us after she rang up some people waiting to pay there bill. I was surprised yet prepared for what happened next. The guy from the college couple turns abound and says "actually we were in front of you" , without much of a pause I turned and said " actually we were in front of you but you walked past us and got in the front of the line" he looked a little surprised at this but backed down. The waitress laughed about it on the way to the table because she was surprised that he had done that and said she remembered us and would have said something if I had not.
I just don't get people. Why did he think he was first? The whole lobby was full of people when he got there. It just baffles me.

No comments: