2018/11/08

Tube Holes

While doing some online Christmas shopping, I came across this.  Cue me crying while people stare awkwardly (that seems to be happening more and more lately but, whatevs). Anyway, clothes with abdominal openings?! I liked target before, but now I want to take it behind the middle school and get it pregnant!
I had to cut a hole in almost everything Emmeline wore (especially her blanket sleepers) for years to accommodate her g-tube. I cut and I cried. At the time it was just another thing in a long line of things that I never imagined doing as a mother, and it sucked.
Why couldn't clothes exist with these openings already in them? Because it was weird and people weren't talking about it. Thankfully companies like Target now have these options available. And I think that's pretty awesome.
I even put her sliced up PJs in the quilt I made with her baby clothes. Because even though it sucked, it happened, and if I pretend it didn't exists then so will everyone else. Then people really won't understand how I got this way ;)





No comments: